Project Server WebAccess 2007 odd search dropdown scope behaviour

I have a SharePoint 2007 enviroment (Dutch) with Project server (Dutch) installed.

I created a custom search scope. I added this scope to the dropdown list on my portal. When i use this dropdownlist, i can see the new scope.

I also wanted this functionality on my Project Web Access site(collection). Actually, i even want that new scope to be the default scope.

So i added this scope….. but it didn’t show up (i redirected to search center)

After some investigation. i saw that everything was dutch EXCEPT the names of the display groups.

Although all functionality and all buttons and everything else, it struck me that the names of the different groups where not translated.

I went to my primary portal, retrieved the name of the displaygroups, as they are named in dutch.

Created a new group in my PWA site, added the scopes i want, and guess what : My pulldown menu from the search box, was correctly filled wit hthe scopes i entered.

Seems Microsoft made a hickup in translating :-)

Regards,

Eric

One thought on “Project Server WebAccess 2007 odd search dropdown scope behaviour

  1. Pingback: Project Server WebAccess 2007 odd search dropdown scope behaviour - SharePoint Experts - Bamboo Nation

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *